Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sample of the Sets


An example of the fabric and felt flowers I am offering and currently have available. They will come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, patterns and colors! One of my favorite things in scrapbooking is making flowers, just the girl in me I suppose!
For those of you who own the Sizzix, and the flower dies, it is very easy to make these - if you have not done so already, here are a few tips/info:
The ones pictured here are a combination of 2 Sizzix Dies, the Hello Kitty Daises and Flower Wedding #2.
Material is a combination of fused fabric and felt. If you are going to be making these yourself, and the felt seems thin I recommend fusing your felt as well for a smoother more reliable cut. If you have no craft fuse available, making the same cut w/cardstock and backing the felt cut works well in a pinch - be sure to cover all the die cuts evenly w/your adhesive to cardstock though, felt can get bumpy. Only use the cardstock backing on felt - do not use on fabric, the purpose of fusing the fabric before putting it through the die cutter is so that you get a smoother cut and the fabric does not run or piece apart.
Another tip is cutting the cardstock w/felt or fabric in the middle of cardstock sandwich. For me this seems to allow a smoother cut with the felt or fabric, I often use the cardstock as a sandwich when cutting felt or fabric, makes a very smooth cut and you of course get the extra die cuts and that is never a bad thing! I used my crop-a-dile big bite to cut the center holes for brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment